SPRING 2023 TRAVEL INFORMATION
The OHTSL welcomes you to the travel season! Below you will find important information for the upcoming season.
- OHTSL Website Password - if you don't have or can't remember your OHTSL password please access the login page and select "Forgot Login/Password" using the email address that was entered by your community rep when you were added as a coach.
- Score Reporting - game scores must be entered within 24 hours of game by both teams. To enter socre login to the website and access: League->Enter Score. Your game schedule should display, click "edit" and enter the home and visitor score and then click "save".
- Community Contacts - ensure your community contacts are updated for the spring 2023 season
- Field Locations - ensure your fields are setup and active
- Community Maintenance Instructions
- Field Insurance - Certificate of Liability Insurance (8/2/22-7/31/23)
- Fees: 11 & younger = $14 for one-year fall to spring
- Fees: 12 & older = $16 for one-year fall to spring
- Fees: Staff = $10 for one-year fall to spring
Game/Game Scheduling Information:
- Game Rescheduling Limits: OHTSL will allow each team to submit up to 3 game change requests per season. All requests must be received no later than 3 days prior to the original game, if not then no game change and forfeit fee of referee and ref assignor fees or $100 whichever is greater will be applied.
- Game Rescheduling 7 Days: reschedule requests approved by both community reps must be submitted to OHTSL via the game change system no less than 6PM 7-day prior to the original game date.
- Game Rescheduling 3-7 Days: game schedule requests approved by both community reps must be submitted via email to email@example.com with game number in the subject line between 3 to 7 days prior to the original game date. Please note the requesting community will be responsible for the ref and ref assignor fees for the game.
- Make-up Game Scheduling: requests approved by both community reps must be submitted to OHTSL via the game change system no less than 7 day prior to the new game date.
- Game Cancellations: any games that are unable to be played or rescheduled within the 7-day deadline will result in a $100 forfeit fee billed to cancelling community and game score recording of 0-5 loss for cancelling community.
- Game Score Reporting: both team coaches/managers must enter game scores within 24 hours of the game at League->Enter Score
Travel Team Declarations:
- Team Declaration Instructions
- All teams must be declared by 3/05/23
- Fees = $110 per team due by 3/05/23
- Payment mailed to: OHTSL PO Box 39398 Solon, OH 44139
- Birth Year Chart
- Max Game Rosters: 7v7 = 14, 9v9 = 16, 11v11 = 18
2023 Team Check-In Policy
Performs Check-In: any team appointed adult (coach, manager, etc)
Requied Documents for Team Players: paper copy of the offical US Club Soccer team roster with a current photo (within last 2 years) for all players & all coaches.
Required Documents for Guest Players (player from same community but not listed on the teams offical roster): digital or paper copy of players team offical US Club roster or players US Club passcard
- Review required documents
- Ensure guest player limitations (gameday policy/procedures)
- Ensure only 3 coaches
- Ensure min/max players (gameday policy/procedures)
- 10-15 prior to game teams swap rosters and opposing team call off players
- If team has eligible guest players review documents
- Referee will verify player shin guards/jewelry/shoes/etc.
- Note: late players need to check-in with opposing team prior to participating in game play
- Teams without the official US Club Soccer roster will forfeit (0-5) loss
- Guest players without required documentation will not be permitted to play
- Any coach using an ineligible player will be subject to a 4 game to 1-year suspension.
2023 RECREATION INFORMATION
The OHTSL and US Club are pleased to announce that the OHTSL will now be able to register Community Recreation Programs through US Club. For detailed informaiton on the process please watch: GotSport Rec Registration Video.
- Players & coaches must be entered/uploaded into GotSport and submitted to US Club Soccer for membership - Instructions
- Note: Coaches are required to meet the standing US Club coaching requirements of Sidle Sports DOC and background screening
- $10 per player
- $5 per coach
2023 OHTSL SCHOLARSHIPS
2023 Scholarship info is now available. Please click on Info/Scholarship and download documents to fill out completely. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due via email by 3/28/23. Winners will be contacted and posted by mid to late April. Scholarship winners will have 10 days to respond. Scholarship presentation will at the OHTSL All-Star Game.
There will be 6 $1000 scholarships available this year.
2023-2024 LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
The OHTSL Leadership Council led by our Director of Coaching, Marcie Schwartz and will be comprised of 20 7th and 8th grade players. This group was created to allow players an opportunity to enhance thier leadership skills and abilities within sports and life. The sessions will focus on leadership styles, learning styles, growing as a leader, chalanges and many other topics.
Mandatory Meeting Schedule:
- 8/20 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 9/17 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 10/15 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 11/12 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 1/21 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 2/18 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 3/10 Webinar 8:30PM-9:30PM
- 4/21 Graduation Dinner 7PM @ TBD
Spring 2023 Ref Fees
The home team pays the referee before the game, please place ref payment in an envelope.
- 7v7 (U09-U10) = $35
- 9v9 (U11-U12 & U13-U15 9v9) = $40
- 11v11 (U13-U15) 1 ref = $50
- 11v11 (U13-U15) 2 ref = CR $45, AR1 $25
- 11v11 (U13-U15) 3 ref = CR $45, AR1 $25, AR2 $25
- D1-D2 11v11 games are required to utilize a 3-man referee system
- D3-D5 11v11 it is the home community discretion on utilizing a 1-man or 3-man referee system
- If a game is cancelled due to weather less than 24 hours prior to the game date/time AND the home community ref assignor is not notified by phone, the home community will be billed for the full referee fee
Coaching Information & Education
For information on coaching eduction please visit:
- Upcoming US Soccer Licensing Courses
- Coaching Lesson Plans
- OHTSL Reimbusement for Coaching Education
- Kenston is looking to hire trainers
- Medina is looking for coach to lead 2014 team, experience preferred but not necessary, room for growth in role possible (paid position)
- Revere SC (Richfield OH) is looking for experienced and inexperienced, dependable coaches (paid positions)
- Shaker is looking for experienced coaches to add to their staff
- Solon Lightning is looking for trainers (paid positions)
- Twinsburg is looking for a 2010 lead boys coach
Visit OHTSL on Facebook
Ohio North is in great need of referees, please visit: ohnrefs.org for information on upcoming referee courses.
Please send declaration/forfeit fee to:
- Ohio Travel Soccer League
- PO Box 39398
- Solon, OH 44139